Body Wisdom - Movement Learning Center
Offering private lessons, group classes, and workshops in
The Feldenkrais MethodⓇ of Somatic Education
Sandra Rae River - Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner cm
For Over 25 Years
lessons are one on one
sessions with a
practitioner who uses
touch and verbal
instructions to guide
the student in a
lessons, the teacher
that explore daily
functions such as
I offer 4 to 5 workshops per year, each one
focused on common areas of concern, e.g.:
shoulders, the back, neck, sitting comfortably
walking well, breathing, balance, and more.
I also design workshops to serve the needs and
interests of specific groups, e.g.: musicians,
therapists, computer users, office workers, teachers, and dancers.
Discover the Feldenkrais Method and discover yourself! My aim is to help you discover your innate ability to direct your own improvement.
The Feldenkrais Method helps people of all ages learn to move more easily. It enriches your life and expands your abilities. These gentle innovative lessons allow you to observe how you move, notice and release unnecessary tension, and improve your overall coordination.
You can learn to:
- Ease pain and chronic discomfort
- Improve posture, balance, and flexibility
- Prevent injury
- Increase energy and efficiency
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Improve awareness, concentration and problem solving abilities
Sandy has helped hundreds of people of all ages and abilities, including:
- musicians, dancers, athletes
- children with special needs (cerebral palsy, learning disabilities)
- people dealing with neuromuscular difficulties due to stroke, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, post polio syndrome, etc.